Youth Adult Helper - Expression of Interest
EOI to be an Adult Helper/Adult Supervisor in the St John Youth program
Thank you for your interest in being an Adult Helper/Leader in the St John Youth program. St John has a number of Youth Divisions that operate across Victoria. This EOI is the first part of the process of being an adult helper/leader within a St John Youth Division. Please note that this EOI is not to be a St John Volunteer to attend events and provide First Aid.
St John Adult Helpers/Leaders are:
- aged 18 years and older
- considered, through appropriate screening mechanisms, suitable to work with, or around, children.
St John Youth programs are voluntary, community-based programs for the development of children and young people into socially responsible, service orientated citizens. The St John Youth program is facilitated by suitable adult volunteers who undertake a leadership and management training program, as well as mandatory annual training in providing child safe environments.
All adult volunteers of St John are screened to ensure that they are suitable to work with, or around, children and young people. St John has zero-tolerance for child abuse and will take any allegation, suspicion or complaint relating to child safety very seriously.
The participation of Adult Helpers/ Leaders is an essential component of the Program. Without Adult Volunteers, the Program could not be facilitated.
You can find the Youth Adult Helper Position Description attached below, please read this document for a full description of the role and expectations.
The process to become an Adult Helper/Leader in St John Youth is as follows:
- The applicant submits an EOI (this form)
- The EOI will be followed up with a phone call to discuss the EOI and conduct a preliminary interview.
- Where the applicant is deemed suitable the applicant will be invited to a formal interview and to visit a Youth Division. (If the applicant is deemed not suitable they will be advised in writing)
- After the applicant's formal interview a recommendation will be made to the State Youth Manager. Where the applicant progresses to the next stage the Child Safety, background check, referee check and criminal record check will be conducted.
- Where the membership application is approved the member will be advised and will be required to undertake induction training. Should the application be unsuccessful, the applicant will be advised in writing.
Please complete the details below and a member of the youth team will be in touch regarding your expression of interest.
Please select the Youth Division you are interested in joining. *
Have you previously been a member of St John *
If Yes, please provide further details. *
Please provide an explanation for wanting to join St John Youth as an adult helper/leader *
Please provide details of any experience in working with children or youth *
St John is committed to the
safety and wellbeing of all children and young people who participate in St
John activities, programs, events or services (programs). We want children to
be safe, supported, nurtured and empowered while involved in our programs and
we will take a preventative, proactive and participatory approach to child
Do you currently have a valid Working with Children Check Card *
If you answered 'No' to the above questions, would you be willing to obtain a Working with Children Card?
Would you be willing to undergo a National Criminal Records History Check (Police Check)? *
Personal or Professional Reference Check (Cannot be a family member or partner)
Thank you for your interest in St John Youth, if you progress to the next stage we will be in contact with you.
A number of approval stages need to be completed before this submission can be accepted.
Youth Administration Officer
Appropriate approvers from the Youth Administration Officer group will be automatically allocated for this approval stage.
State Office endorsement
Appropriate approvers from the State Office endorsement group will be automatically allocated for this approval stage.